Month in Australia

Discussion about travel guides for different destinations and personal experiences.

Month in Australia

Postby kevin153 » Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:01 am

I'm exploring options on a month in Australia around Sept 2012. Tours? Home base? Must see, ideas? I'm very interested in the history/ruins. I will be traveling alone. Is it best to have a home base and travel from there or should I move along?
kevin153

Re: Month in Australia

Postby Mariah » Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:31 am

Hello, here are three must sees I'd recommend:

1.) Uluru, also known as Ayers Rock (in Central Australia). It is the world's largest monolith on the planet. It's a huge sandstone formation and stands in absolute contrast to the desert around. - IMO, it really deserves visiting it.
2.) Coober Pedy (in South Australia). It's a town which is known for its below-ground residences that were built due to the incredible daytime heat. It's also famous for its sources of opal.
3.) Kangaroo Island (South Australia). This island is famous for its unique fauna. It's the third-largest island in Australia. - Are you interested in the wildlife at all?

Hope this information serves you well...
Mariah

Postby cameronwhite » Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:36 pm

Hi " Mariah", thanks for sharing such useful information. I would also like to add some of the information.

cheap cruises from miami 2012
cameronwhite

Postby marry1 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:00 am

Just do what you interesting.
marry1

Return to Travel Guide